8.23.2006

Been Lied To..

I kinda debated about postin my lil poetic justice on here, but fuck it ... I might as well let the world in on a lil half of my mind. It needs it. This one is for my brothas...


Been Lied To

He won't amount to nothin'
A drug dealer, pimp or basketball star
He won't amount to nothin'
Won't be a lawyer with a fancy car
He won't amount to nothin'
Nope. No Ferrari's or Jags
No Maybach with "Number 1 Doctor" on the tags
He won't amount to nothin'
Probably have six kids
Six different women
Y'know how it is
He won't amount to nothin
Oh wait! He can fall back on rap
But...thats only if his demo lands in the right lap
He won't amount to nothin
And he wont try to
He won't amount to nothin
Cuz he's been lied to

6 Comments:

Blogger Redstallyun said...

This is so true- and so sad. I got 5 teenage boy cousins that I don't know what to do with. They on some wanna be baby gangster shit. Niggaz- we grew up out south, there is no gangsterism in YT's hood, which is our "hood". There are jags,Escalades, and I kid you not a "MD" license on my old block, so you'd think they'd want to continue our parent's tradition of "movin on up" but they on some sellin bullshit that I won't even repeat out of pure embarassment.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Nice...

This blog is for whatever you feel like doing...

I'm glad you showed us this side of you...

2:51 PM  
Blogger R.M. said...

THE TRUTH!!! Girl this shit is real to the 10th power. These punk ass niggaz really think they got it going on when they ain't got shit but a dick...& most of the time that's overrated.

Keep keeping it real for all of us "real" women out here who can handle it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Redstallyun said...

Forgot to say earlier- Some of our men are "Beautiful Disasters"-(a song by Kelly Clarkson)

5:33 PM  
Blogger JerseyTjej said...

I liked it!
MORE!!!!
ps that is one of 2 photos...need a hook up?

3:42 AM  
Blogger Nique=Dope. said...

^^ talkin about the scrap room?

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home