7.04.2006

fireCRACKAS!

Catchy title huh? Anyway. I gotta do my annual bashin' of the 4th of July, cause what holiday is complete without my revolutionary wit? Thats like Christmas with no Easter Bunny...ya dig? So today is the 4th of July. For those of you who buy into the hype.."Independence Day" Hmph. Ya'll know the story. FourScore and seven years ago, some crackas came and stole this land, got punked by the British into livin in colonies on this land, declared independence, won a war and were "freed". Yeah. Hold up, lemme open a window cause I'm gettin a distinct stench of BULLSHIT in here. The 4th of July is a hoax, people! Them colonial ma'fuckas ain't care about black people! You think Sojourner Truth & Frederick Douglass was sittin around roastin a pig on a gotdamn stick while good ol Harriet Tubman boiled up some collard greens in the Massas shed? HELL NAH. I dont accept the 4th of July as a day of "freedom" by any means, cause hell...we STILL not free to be quite honest. Maybe I'm extra political about this part cause of my Sons Father bein in Iraq right now...but I also aint down with the idea that we are "free", but we got THOUSANDS of folks fightin right now for our "freedom". Does that make any type of sense to YOU? Anyway, go to ya bbq's, chill with fam, even set some shit on fire...but just dont buy into that whole "America The Free" bullshit. More importantly, be safe out there ya'll.


* Excuse the hostility. I'm workin off frustration right now. I just wrote three damn Essays.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teej said...

yeah im cosigning this shit!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

You sure we don't got the same daddy...
I swear you sound like me...
My dad got me all into the black power movement...
This is good shit, Nique...

7:33 PM  
Blogger Nique=Dope. said...

YEAH! Its always good to have a TEEJ on your side!


Nsane...I honestly don't know where I got this from. LoL, its funny cuz if you look at me...I'm like a lil fuckin 5'4 a buck 28 chick that looks like a lil girl...with all this political hostility lol.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home